Monday, June 18, 2012

the girl who fell from the sky

          I finished the girl who fell from the sky a few weeks ago. I thought that it was a really good book. At times it did get boring though. It was about a girl who is half black and half white. She went through life not fitting in because she had no true group to fit into. It was around a time when people were really racist. And she only had one white friend.
She was a straight A student who was acting like a slut in order to get guys to like her and it did work but others didn't like it. She was ridiculed a lot because she was half black and half white with blue eyes but dark skin. in some ways I can relate to her because I am also half white and half black and people don't believe when I say that I am half black because I look white. The same thing is with my mom who is from Jamaica. Whenever she tells anybody where she from they never believe her because she has white skin.
          Sometimes I wonder what her life would have been like if she wasn't half white how girls would treat her because to some being mixed is a bad thing you’re either black or you are white.
        I felt bad for the girl sometimes because she had a hard childhood no matter how good her grades were. This was a coming of age novel because it really showed how this girl went through a really hard life and how she grew up learning the true meaning of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment