Sunday, November 27, 2011

Body Image Article

     I am going to write a picture book on body image. I figured that if I am going to do body image I have to read on people being too fat (or thinking it) and people on wanting to be skinny and forcing themselves to be. I read a story on being fat and forcing themselves to be skinny (anorexia). http://www.highschoolnotforever.com/stories/body.html.  In the story she says that she was always fat. In high school she had some problems in her house and her life and started to starve her eventually she had gotten seriously sick enough to have a chance of having a heart attack. Her mother was worried and she finally spilled. I thought that this story was really shocking because it showed me what could happen when you try to become thinner in all the wrong ways.
     I also read an article on a little girl who was 6 and how she thought she was too fat. (http://abcnews.go.com/US/body-image-issues-year-girl-worries-fat/story?id=13880833#.TtLnPWNFuso  in the story a 6 year old girl comes home from school to ask her mom why is she fat. She was shocked at what her daughter asked her. She one day took her daughter to the doctor and she checked her height and weight to calculate her BMI and she said that she was normal. Later the girl was called fat at a birthday party and she confronted the boy.  I think that this is sad because they are little kids and they shouldn’t be worrying about being fat because they can think about that when they get older.
     This social issue makes me mad because I think that people should be happy about who they are and what they look like no matter how old.

1 comment:

  1. I like you blog post and how you talk about your opinion on the subject of body image. I think you stated your ideas clearly to the reader and provided a good background of article information to reflect on.

    ReplyDelete