Sunday, November 27, 2011

War in the Neighborhood

In my neighborhood of Crown Heights I feel like there is a lot of racism. There is a mix of West Indian, African American and orthodox Jewish people living here. I am part of the West Indian and African American group and I always feel like the orthodox are always staring me down like I did something to them. They might not like who we are but that doesn’t mean we like the things they do too. Fro example they tend to stand in biug groups in the middle of the street forcing us to have to maneuver through or around them. In my family we say “if they do something wrong to me, I will curse them out or punch them in the face.” especially my sister because she has a patience the size of an ant.
I think this is not right because I feel like we’re in a war that will never end. I think the cause of this is because before the neighborhood was filled with mostly West Indians, then when the Jews moved in it all went downhill from there. I think possible solutions would be if we both try to stop judging each other by the way we are and live as one.

No comments:

Post a Comment