Saturday, November 19, 2011

Two Voice Poem


I am thirteen years old
I hate the way I am
I am too fat to see my feet
I am so skinny I can see my ribs
Why am I like this?
What am I doing wrong?
Where did I go wrong?
What can I do to change?
Can anyone help me?
How can I help myself?
How can I change how much I weigh?
I am 209 pounds
I am 87 pounds
If only someone can help me 
But who will because I can’t help myself


        I came up with this poem because I thought about how looks of kids are ashamed about their bodies because they are either they are overweight or really under weight, so I made the poem from the perspective of an overweight person and an anorexic person. I wrote about how they feel and how they wish that they can change.
When I think about this issue I think that the reason why you’re like this is mostly your fault and if you want to change you have to do it yourself. Also that you’re the only person who can change if you try. To me I feel like you’re the way you are because you did it to yourself. You never listened to what anyone else had to say and you’re just making yourself worse by not listening.
     The issue of body image bothers me because I think that everyone should be happy with the way they look and they shouldn’t think that they are overweight or underweight unless someone like your DOCTOR says so.

No comments:

Post a Comment